How to deal with corruption? What if you encounter a medical issue in a remote area? How to keep your tension under control when being mugged? What is your strategy when being abducted? This – and more – you will learn during the Safety and Security training (HEAT).
For whom: this training is especially for travellers and local staff working and living in Kenya / South-Africa / Nigeria
Duration of the training: 3 days
Objective of the training: The goal of this training is to increase your personal safety during travel. After the training, you will be more aware of risks, know better how to avoid them, and you will have learned to deal with high-risk situations in remote areas.
Content of the training:
- Road safety and communication
- Remote medicine
- Mines, explosives, ammunition
- Stress management
- Dealing with (high and low) aggression
- Terrorist attacks and shootings
- Kidnap/hostage prevention and survival strategies
- Security awareness
- Resilience and gender-related issues
- Incident reporting