Participants learn to continue to see opportunities even in the hardest of circumstances, by providing them with insight into their behaviour in various situations and the subsequent consequences of this behaviour. That is the most important objective of Forth Global’s training.
Our approach and methods of training are based on proven teaching models, supplemented with ‘best practices’. Trainers go by behaviour, awareness raising and experiences. Not by instruction, drills or rote learning. The training is people-oriented and accessible.
- We train based on repetition, which means that during the training several topics (such as transportation, remote medical training, aggression and scams) continue to come back in the role play.
- We train based on security dilemmas, which the participant may encounter during his/her travel or work abroad.
- We focus on behavior, self-reliance and self-responsibility of the participant. We provide the necessary tools so that the participant can travel and work abroad with more confidence and pleasure.
The theory forms the basis of our training, but we always combine that with practice.
- How can I use my behavior to affect my personal safety?
- What works best in practice in risky situations?
- Which security measures have the most effect?
The method and approach of our safety and security training makes Forth Global unique. We only work with qualified trainers and actors. They provide the participant with insight into their behavior in different situations, and the consequences of that behavior. All of our training courses are based on proven learning models, supplemented by best practices. Here are some of the theories that you will encounter:
- Kolb’s learning theory focuses on different learning styles: theory, consideration, experience and reflection. For maximum training results, we combine all four in all our security training courses.
- Integrative stress theory by Clemens Hosman links the impact of stressful, highly disturbing situations with coping skills. It also deals with the influence of a supportive or non-supportive environment. We train you how to handle in stressful or life-threatening situations.
- We use cognitive behaviour theories to train you how to control your behaviour in order to manage your primary reactions and emotions.
- We work with the aggression scheme as adopted by the ARQ/IVP, the Institute for Psychic Trauma, to train you how to manage your own stress by acting adequately.
- Stress Inoculation is a theory and approach in which we gradually increase stress and teach you how to regulate it. You will gain insight into your own stress reactions and how you can control your own stress levels.
- Confrontational Simulation Training (CST). In simulation exercises we strongly increase the tension that may occur in real-life situations. These exercises enable you to train stress regulation both in theory and in practice.
‘Best Practices’ and theory combined: all our security training courses for safe travel and working abroad are closely related to the practical reality. We guarantee that you will always be trained according to ‘best practices’ in order to avoid risk and work safely. Adapted to reality and actuality.
About the trainers: the trainers are safety experts, medical experts and psychologists with practical experience in the field of international security. They are certified for their disciplines and focus on behaviour, awareness and experiences instead of just instruction and drills. Moreover, the training takes place in a confidential setting, allowing the participants to practice openly.
About the location: our training premises at Landgoed Zonheuvel hold the Green Key Certificate, and are a member and partner of the SDG House because of their efforts to create a better world. For more info, click here.
Request more info? Please contact Christiaan Oldenkamp: email@example.com