The approach of our training
Participants learn to keep seeing opportunities in the hardest of circumstances, by providing them with insight into their behavior in various situations and in the consequences thereof. That is the most important objective of Forth Global’s training.
Our approach and methods of training are based on proven teaching models, supplemented with ‘best practices’. Trainers go by behavior, awareness raising and experiences. Not by instruction, drills or learning lists. The training is people-oriented and accessible.
All our courses are based on proven theories, learning methods and best-practices. What works best in real-life situations. You will find some of these theories below:
- Kolb’s learning theory focuses on different learning styles: theory, consideration, experience and reflection. For maximum training results, we combine all four in all our security training courses.
- Integrative stress theory by Clemens Hosman links the impact of stressful, highly disturbing situations with coping skills. It also deals with the influence of a supportive or non-supportive environment. We train you how to handle in stressful or life-threatening situations.
- We use cognitive behaviour theories to train you how to control your behaviour in order to manage your primary reactions and emotions.
- We work with the aggression scheme as adopted by the NIVP, the Dutch Institute for Psychic Trauma, to train you how to manage your own stress by acting adequately.
- Stress Inoculation is a theory and approach in which we gradually increase stress and teach you how to regulate it. You will gain insight into your own stress reactions and how your can control your own stress levels.
- Confrontational Simulation Training, CST. In simulation exercises we strongly increase the tension that may occur in real-life situations. These exercises enable you to train stress regulation both in theory and in practice.
‘Best Practices’ and theory combined: All our security training courses for safe travel and working abroad are closely related to what is practical.
- How can my behavior influence my personal safety?
- What is best-practice in high-risk situations?
- Which measures are most effective?
We guarantee that you will always be trained ‘best practices’ to avoid risk and work safely. Adapted to reality and actuality.
About the trainers: The trainers are safety experts, medical experts and psychologists with practical experience in the field of international security. They are certified for their disciplines and go by behavior, awareness and experiences. Not by instruction, drills or learning lists. The training takes place in a confidential setting where participants can practice openly.