HEAT Course 5 days
5 day HEAT course
Together with our Belgium partner Campus Vesta we have organized HEAT courses consisting of 5 days for the last 6 years. Mainly for a specific Governmental Institution. But from now on these HEAT courses are open for all organizations 5-daagse open HEAT-training in oktober 2021 – Campus Vesta
Our 5 day HEAT course teach you how you can safely travel & work in challenging & hostile environments, focusing on daily safety & security issues as well as preparation and strategies. We train from a non-militaristic, human approach. In addition, we bring together practice and theory in role playing and simulations. This approach makes our training accessible, lively, practical and directly applicable. Personal safety and risk avoidance in our training comes first.
Experience shows that practical training is the best way of learning!
Personal safety when working abroad is an ability you can train. Are you alert in high-risk areas? What is your reaction towards aggression? How do you travel safely? What do you do when you need medical help urgently?
The purpose of the training is awareness, recognition and, if possible, prevention of dangerous and un- wanted situations. Gaining insight in security strategies and planning is key. We also teach you what to do, or not to do, if something does happen. With the help of specialized trainers and actors, experts in the field of aggression or certain disciplines, we work with roleplay, best practices and simulations..
We focus on attitude and behavior, awareness and experience instead of instruction, drills or rote learning. All our trainers follow the same approach. During the course they will make you aware of your behavior and its impact in different high impact situations. You will learn how behavior influences both people and situations.
Our aim is to make you aware and feel secure when you travel and work in hostile environments.
- Context & Risk analysis
- Strategy (acceptance/protection/deterrence)
- Travel preparation & security awareness
- Do’s & Dont’s in personal safety
- Travel- and communication procedures (information security/map reading/GPS)
- Road safety & transportation including convoy driving
- Remote first aid procedures
- Dealing with medical emergencies in a remote setting
- Explanation of procedures concerning weapons, mines and ammunition
- Stress control (how do you stay calm)
- Dealing with intimidation
- Dealing with corruption
- Dealing with high aggression (robbery/carjacking/checkpoint)
- Terror attacks & shootings
- Hostage Survival
- Mental and physical resilience
- Gender Safety
- Emergency procedures (hibernation, relocation and evacuation)
- 70% practical / 30% theory / 1 full day of field exercise based on realistic scenario