For the last 6 years we have organized HEAT courses consisting of 5 days together with our Belgian partner Campus Vesta. This course mainly used to be given to a specific Governmental Institution, however, from now on, these HEAT courses are open for all organizations.
Our 5 day HEAT course will teach you how to safely travel & work in challenging & hostile environments, focusing on daily safety & security issues as well as preparation and strategies. We train from a non-militaristic, human approach. In addition, we bring together practice and theory in role playing and simulations. This approach makes our training accessible, lively, practical and directly applicable. In our training personal safety and risk avoidance comes first.
Experience shows that practical training is the best way of learning!
Purpose: personal safety when working abroad is an ability you can train. Are you alert in high-risk areas? What is your reaction towards aggression? How do you travel safely? What do you do when you need medical help urgently?
The purpose of the training is to increase awareness & recognition of dangerous and unwanted situations, and if possible, the prevention of these instances. In order to achieve this, gaining insight in security strategies and planning is key. Moreover, we provide you with tools on what (not) to do in the cases that such situations do occur. Our specialized trainers and actors are experts both in their own field and that of aggression. They will utilize roleplay, best practices and simulations in order to (re)create real life situations with the end goal of achieving increased awareness and preparedness.
Vision: we focus on attitude, behaviour, awareness, and experience instead of instruction, drills, or rote learning. This approach is followed by all our trainers, and they will thus focus on what kind of behaviour you display and how this effects various high impact situations. The training will thus target in what ways behaviour influences both people and situations. Our aim is to make you aware and feel secure when you travel and work in hostile environments.
- Context & Risk analysis.
- Strategy (acceptance/protection/deterrence).
- Travel preparation & security awareness.
- Do’s & Don’ts in personal safety.
- Travel and communication procedures (information security/map reading/GPS).
- Road safety & transportation including convoy driving.
- Remote first aid procedures.
- Dealing with medical emergencies in a remote setting.
- Explanation of procedures concerning weapons, mines and ammunition.
- Stress control (how to stay calm).
- Dealing with intimidation.
- Dealing with corruption.
- Dealing with high aggression (robbery/carjacking/checkpoint).
- Terror attacks & shootings.
- Hostage Survival.
- Mental and physical resilience.
- Gender Safety.
- Emergency procedures (hibernation, relocation and evacuation).
- 70% practical / 30% theory / 1 full day of field exercise based on a realistic scenario.